Friday, December 19, 2003

Since I don't have time to tat at home, I'm surfing for new info during the odd moments i have in the daytime. Here is a review from Maus about YLI Candlelight threads, an 8 ply synthetic thread that is also metallic. She has a few ring and chain samples tatted up to show you how it compares with other thread. Since we like to use metallic threads and other shiny embellishments during the holiday season, I thought this useful.

And here is a Santa tatted by LaRae M. with a Santa button for the head (similar to what I used for the amulet bag). Tatted faces are sometimes less appealing than what one hopes for so these button faces are a nice alternative. And here is a Shuttlebugs Christmas Slideshow from 2001 showing tatted Christmas ornaments.

Oh, look here at Iris's Christmas Heart and the pattern is free! She has several more on CD to purchase and a few other freebies - worth checking out, IMO.

Some lovely tatting by Joan Thomas. See some of Nina's bead jewelry worked up by her. From the photos, I realized I was in NY right close when this was being done! Nina, if I'm in NYC again, I'll look you up!

Now here is Kristie's interpretation of the base motif's on Wally's Tat-Along website. I particularly like the triangular motif on the left with the beads. I think it would make a unique Christmas tree motif. BTW, you have until December 20 to send in a scan of your new design from the December base motif. What a fun project! Even if you can't do the motif right now, check back in January to see all the inspiration.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.