Wednesday, December 31, 2003

One of the things tatters like to do at year's end is reflect on the techniques learned and the ones they want to master in the coming year.

I thought I had just about everything down but this year taught me different. LOL! I learned a new way to do the weaver's knot, a way to make picots a standard size on a picot flower, a new way to hide ends, the chain lockstitch, the SCMR, and experimented with a few variations of the daisy picot. I'm thinking there are a few more things....................oh, I learned how to do hairpin lace and then, how to use it in tatting! I tried new threads - like rayon floss, regular embroidery floss, and some new threads on the market too. I tried a few new shuttles and 2 new picot gauges. I have more patterns than I will ever use - never thought I'd say that! And I continue to get new books. A new tatting guild is forming within traveling distance for me. And I've met a tatter I admire in person. I started this blog.........which was a major html education.

So how can I top that this year????????

If the Palmetto group ever sets a date, I hope to attend their tatting day and meet even more tatters.
I plan to complete a larger than usual project in the coming year, perhaps more than one. I have so many ideas they are spilling out all over the place and finding the time to do them is going to be a challenge.
I hope to meet Georgia Seitz since she is now close enough to travel to.
I want to convert some favorite crochet patterns to tatting.
I want to design a sockmonkey in tatting and already have the basics for him.
I will complete the reindeer design I've started.
I want to tat something major for each family member before I get involved in round robins or exchanges again.
Still want to document and update vintage tatting patterns. In the process, I will find a way to include a link in the sidebar here to those projects.
I started working through Mary Konior's Tatting with Visual Patterns a few years ago and would like to pick up where I left off and continue.
There are patterns in The Tatted Lace Patterns of Emmy Liebert that I badly want to try, but it is in German and will require a good chunk of time to translate enough to work with.
and............I want to organize my "stuff" better!

Blessings to you all - I love hearing from you and sharing - you all give me such wonderful ideas!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.